mherger wrote:
> > I did a 'restore' new install of 10.12 then it updated to 10.12.6 . I
>
> Restore from a backup? Or what kind of restore?

When the Mac boots you can hold down Command-R to restore the OS via the
web from Apple.  Since nothing is on DVD/CD any longer, this is how you
do a clean install.  Before running the installer, I ran DiskUtility and
reinitialized the OS partition of my SSD.  It was wiped clean then OS
10.12 was installed.  Once that was done, I did a system update to OS
10.12.6, the most recent.

> > have received errors of two LMS running, which is impossible as only
> one
>
> It can be the same copy run twice. That would not work, as only one
> process can use the ports being used by LMS.

I always have Activity Monitor running on my LMS server to show what is
happening within the system at any time. Only one instance of Perl is
shown running.

> > was installed.  Deleted ALL prefs twice to make sure old stuff was
> wiped
> > out.  Perl v5.18.  I'm wondering if I should update to a newer
> version,
> > but no one else seems to be complaining about this issue.
>
> Perl on Mac should be just fine. It's what I use to do all dev work for
> LMS.
>
> Your log showed a lot of messages related to 3rd party plugins. When you
>
> try to investigate this kind of issue, always try to start as clean as
> possible. Don't install plugins before the basics work. Try to run LMS
> from the command line etc.

I'm only running a few 3rd party, but will pull them all and try again.
Screen capture is attached.

> > Another odd thing, if I go to the LMS Pref Pane and try to STOP the
> > server, it doesn't stop, but I think it's always been this way.
>
> That sounds wrong. I have no problem doing this. Did you do a _clean_
> install on a newly set up macOS? Not on a system restored from some
> backup which might already come with a LMS installation?

I've had this problem for several years, starting proll with LMS 7.5 or
earlier.  Again, I did a totally clean OS install and a clean LMS
install, adding back some 3rd party plugins.

Thanks for the help, Michael.  I will attach a screen capture of the
plugins I'm using, as well as a recent log.

23428

23429

|Filename: Screenshot 2017-08-13 15.01.01.jpg                       |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23429|

Eric Seaberg - San Diego
-A.E.S., I.E.E.E., S.M.P.T.E., S.P.A.R.S.-
e...@seaberg.com