jasell wrote:
> I'm using a QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ which is running QTS 4.2.6 build
> 20171208 (the latest version for this model).
>
> I have only the Download app running apart from QLMS.
>
> I used to run SSOTS-LMS, when getting Spotty to work I had to install
> the PERL app which in turn installed Optware.
> I have uninstalled SSOTS-LMS and Perl, I have also manually removed
> Optware and also the symlink /opt.
>
> I made a clean install, i.e. I remove previous QMLS and made a system
> reboot. I allowed the QNap settle for a while to be fully started.
> Checked that no process like slimserver.pl or spotty was running (doing
> a QLMS uninstall leave these 2 processes behind...)
>
> When manually installing
> "QLogitechMediaServer_V1.06.f_Qnap-QTS_4.2-or-higher" within appcenter I
> get a few warnings, one is "Something went wrong..."
>
> See attached log files...
>
> After installing I get this... (see log-files)

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> When trying to start manully I get this... (see 2nd log-files)

Code:
--------------------
  >   > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh
start
  > Something went wrong, check the
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/LogitechMediaServer.log.err and
you're configuration! You could Try ./LogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe, or
reinstall QPKG!
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # /bin/pidof slimserver.pl
  >
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] #  ps | grep
[L]ogitechMediaServer
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] #

--------------------

> Then I do this, and WEB-GUI loads and player connects... (see 3rd
> log-files)
> Note that I only adjust ownership (I actually I forgot setting
> permission this time)

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] #  ./LogitechMediaServer.sh stop
  > LogitechMediaServer was already stopped !
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # chown -R
squeezeboxserver:everyone SlimServer/
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh start
  > Starting LogitechMediaServer in Background.
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep
[L]ogitechMediaServer
  > 30466 squeezeboxserver  77124 S < /usr/bin/perl
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl -

--------------------

> After initiating LMS and installing Spotty plugin etc, I made a
> restart (do i have to do that from a command line now? no web admin
> like for SSOTS?)
> I noted that the scaning process was using another path to Perl, is
> this correct??

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep
[L]ogitechMediaServer
  > 9821 squeezeboxserver  79624 S < /usr/bin/perl
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl -
  > 9897 squeezeboxserver  41856 D   /usr/local/perl/bin/perl
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/scan
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # /bin/pidof slimserver.pl
  > 9821
  > [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] #

--------------------

this is very strange... I saw that spotty did not work with connect from
the spotify app, I had some error in the log file, but no time stamp.
So I stopped the QLMS form command line, cleared the log file, and then
tried to start QLMS.
But failing as before....

But my squeezebox is still connected and I can getthe web gui and I can
play music, but from a command line QLMS seem to not run...

Code:
--------------------

  [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh status
  LogitechMediaServer is not running, do ./LogitechMediaServer.sh start to
start services !
  [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # /bin/pidof slimserver.pl
  9821
  [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ps | grep [L]ogitechMediaServer
  [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] #

--------------------

I need to kill the slimserver.pl process from command line to stop the
QLMS completly.
Then, when doing  [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh start ]  gives fail to
start, web GUI loads but with no content.

If I then stop  [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh stop ] and kill slimserver.pl
and do [ chown -R squeezeboxserver:everyone SlimServer/ ].
When starting again [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh start ]  I get failed to
start, but web GUI loads and  I can play music...

See log files from latest attempt...

|Filename: LogitechMediaServer.log.err.txt                          |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24519|

NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ -QTS 4.2.6- (4x 2TB, RAID5)
Services: LMS- 7.9.1 -,  SSOTS- 4.14-
Squeezebox:  6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic
Other:  iPeng on iPad and iPhone