HumanMedia wrote:
> More info on this dropouts problem with 24bit data:
>
> Ideally my DAC loves 70600 768000 data rates, but to track down this
> issues of 24bit files not playing, I tried dropping the max output rates
> from C-3PO to 352800 and 384000.
>
> Doing this now allows 24-44khz and 24-48kHz !! But will drop-out out for
> source files of 24-88 and higher.
>
> I normally stream 24-352 FLAC happily without C-3PO, but is the issue
> simply the sheer data rate for 24-768k? which my old little switch is
> choking on?
> Or is it in the input side of things where the processing demand is too
> much?
> Someth8ng is a bit odd, why won’t it upscale 88khz stuff and above, to
> the same new lower maximum?

That's strange.

The CPU power to upsampe to 768Khz is not so much and is even less when
the input is higher. Your output is AIFF, that way the endianess is
switched, you could try to change it to WAV, but I'll be sprised if
that's the problem using a I5 Pc as the server,
people is doing tha same with Rasperry PI.