agbagb wrote:
> Thanks again.  I'll try tonight the BBC R4 MP3 I quoted above - that's a
> long-time Saved Favorite, and seems to work every time I try it, so no
> obvious time restrictions.  In another ALARM thread for back in the day
> I noticed few folks with a broadly similar error to the one I'm having
> recommended trying a slightly different start time for the alarm itself,
> so I'll vary that by a couple of minutes too.

The time restrictions are generated whenever you start the pls.
So you have a couple of things to try as afavorite
1. Use the BBC pls file
2. Use the raw URL no paramters -
http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio4fm_mf_q
3. Create a playlist file like BBC one but without the parameters. It
means failover to alternate URL (p vs. q)  will work.

Code:
--------------------

  [playlist]
  NumberOfEntries=2
  File1=http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio4fm_mf_p
  Title1=No Title
  Length1=-1
  File2=http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio4fm_mf_q
  Title2=No Title
  Length2=-1

--------------------

4. Try the -plugin iplayer MP3 URL - with 1.6.3 gives you same metadata
& images as DASH/HLS streams.

Code:
--------------------

iplayer://live?mp3=http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio4fm_mf_p&icon=http://radio-service-information.api.bbci.co.uk/logos/bbc_radio_fourfm/600x600.png&onair=bbc_radio_fourfm

--------------------

5. Try the Tune-in BBC R4 MP3 URL - will give some metadata

> As to the "blueness", I'm referring to the Default GUI of the LMS
> Server.  Up alongside the Pause/Play/ Jump buttons is the icon for
> REPEAT.  Three options: Off (grey) , Repeat Track (blue), Repeat
> Playlist (blue with squiggle).  I always have that button Off.  But this
> morning it was On/Blue.  As you say, that probably Alarm itself
> necessitating a Repeat.
As I said Alarm does effectively a "repeat" when retrying a broken URL -
so it may be piggybacking on the repeat code.

ABOVE DOES NOT DEAL WITH THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM - YOUR BIG ISSUES IS
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DELAYED PACKETS - THIS IS NOT GOOD. IS IT THE
BBC/CDN OR YOUR ISP OR YOUR LAN
As a first test - try playing BBC R4 via the alternate CDN menu
(Limelight vs Akamai) - 2nd (non UK) or 3rd last (UK) menu item in
BBCiplayer menu.  This will use a different set of BBC servers and
network connections.