alex.h wrote:
> I Installed it with:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_8.0.0_1588799628_all.deb
--------------------

I would suggest using a (modern) version of -apt- to install the
package, rather than -dpkg-. It deals with dependencies, but -dpkg-
doesn't.

See thread: -Debian packages update - Possible dpkg failure-
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108744-Debian-packages-update-Possible-dpkg-failure

alex.h wrote:

> The problem comes with the startup script in /etc/init.d. It simply does
> not work, as Ubuntu 20.04 does not have the start-stop-daemon any more.
> It is simply linked to /bin/true which might work for some scripts but
> does not work for the logitechmediaserver. I tried a C implementation
> for this program, but it had it hinges so I dropped the
> start-stop-daemon and modified the startup program arcordingly.

That's rather curious. -start-stop-daemon- is provided by package
-dpkg-, which is an 'essential' package in both Debian and Ubuntu. Is
Ubuntu 20.04 the same as 'focal' ? If so, it does seem to be included in
Ubuntu's -dpkg-.  Refer: https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/dpkg.

Which raises a question: how did your system end up with a link to
-/bin/true - ? Is this a known Ubuntu behaviour that is, perhaps, caused
by something else ?

I may be missing something.