barrymcl wrote:
> Same result: Failed to start logitechmediaserver.service: Unit
> logitechmediaserver.service not found.
>
> On my system (openSUSE Linux), LMS has always installed as
> squeezeboxserver.  Installing from the RPM creates
> /etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver, /etc/sysconfig/squeezeboxserver, and some
> config files in /etc/squeezeboxserver.  I think this is not the standard
> systemd way of doing things, but I never had a problem starting or
> checking LMS using systemctl until recently.  When my existing LMS
> installation ran into problems after updating Perl to 5.32, I
> uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it later to try again, but now it
> has this new "service not found" problem.

Have you checked that either /etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver or
/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver exists?
If any of them exist (e.g. /etc(init.d/squeezeboxserver) try to start
using the command :

Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver start

2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer  v6.1.0 on RaspBerry 3B
LMS 8.0.1 on Ubuntu 20.04.1 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB. All
wired
Main audio system: Magnepan 3.6, amp "Gdis 400", DAC & pre: NAD M51,
streamers: SB Touch // NAD M50