> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM,  <s...@guice.ath.cx> wrote:
> Just looked and verified the config files are in fact in DOS format in
> the original.  Sorry about that.  Probably a relic from the early days
> of this plugin's sordid development.  I'll fix that in the next
> release, but this shouldn't cause the problem you are seeing.  Thanks
> for the heads up.

Don't worry about that; you are welcome.

>> We didn't think 'step-5' applied to this FreeBSD machine as the
>> 'INSTALL'
>> file didn't specifically name it (FreeBSD), leaving us with no reason to
>> think 'step-5' applied to our situation or issue; I thought we tested
>> 'change_passwd' at least once.  However, I will try 'step-5' now.
>
> It says if the binary isn't working, recompilation is probably called
> for... your situation definitely qualifies for that.
>
>> RESULTS:
>> gcc -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
>> chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> A little googling leads us to believe that "the crypt() function is
>> defined in unistd.h, not crypt.h".
>
> Either one might work.  Not sure.  What does "man crypt" tell you?
> Did you search for those header file and actually look in them for
> crypt?
>
>> I tried replacing #include <crypt.h>
>> with #include <unistd.h>, remember we're not programmers; chpasswd
>> continues to not function on FreeBSD-7.3.
>
> You have to give more details.

find / -name 'crypt.h'
/usr/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.h

>What is the compilation output?
# gcc -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory

# gcc -Wall -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory
chpasswd.c: In function 'main':
chpasswd.c:103: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'fixpwd'
differ in signedness
chpasswd.c:104: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'fixpwd'
differ in signedness
chpasswd.c:105: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'fixpwd'
differ in signedness

>What happens when you run the binary from the command line?

#  ./chpasswd <user> <correct.current.passwd> <new.passwd>
RESULT: Current password is incorrect

There is no doubt about the <correct.current.password>; I use that passwd
everyday when logging into Squirrelmail.  As you can see (above) running
the ./chpasswd from the cli shows (incorrect), however running the binary
via SM > Options > change password, the results are printed in red that
the password was successfully changed.  Any attempts to reload or go to
another page results in SM directing you to login.  At this point
Attempting to login with what you think is the new.passwd; fails.

>> Given this crypt.h issue,
>
> How do you know that is the case?  Supposedly you fixed that.

I tried to fix it; didn't work.  What you see above is native/original;
nothing edited, with the exception of removing the '^M' from the
aforementioned file(s).

<your turn>

Snip ... getting a little crowded -- snip ...

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-thread-sfd
> -----
> squirrelmail-users mailing list
> List address: squirrelmail-users@lists.sourceforge.net