> Not sure what you did to the text, but quoting is quite borked here,
> hard to read...
I'm using Squirrelmail-1.4.21 and the reply link.  When I go to reference
a previous mail, I save to draft folder and come back to the draft and
continue, nothing else.

>> 'change_passwd' at least once.  However, I will try 'step-5' now.
>> for... your situation definitely qualifies for that.
>> defined in unistd.h, not crypt.h".
>> you search for those header file and actually look in them for crypt?
No I have not.  I thought you were meaning the chpasswd.c was a header file.

>> continues to not function on FreeBSD-7.3.
>>> Looks like you have crypt on your system.  You just need to find the
>> right combination of compilation arguments to get it to work.  Try
>> adding
>> "-L/usr/src/lib/libcrypt" for starters. Or just adding
>>> "-lcrypt" might work.  You'll have to play around and/or do some
>> searching.
None of the above is working.  Please allow me to point out that I have at
least one other port that has used "-lcrypt" recently; here's a snipp...

cflags        (mysql_config) = -I/usr/local/include/mysql
-fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
  embedded      (mysql_config) =
  libs          (mysql_config) = -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz
-lcrypt -lm

It compiled without any issues.

Please report back if you get it to compile.
>>> How is this when you could not compile it?  I just looked and unistd.h
>> is > already included, so if you replaced crypt.h with unistd.h, then
>> you
>> have > it twice.
>>
>> It was removed once we saw it had no affect.
>> -
>> The results I posted here, starting with the preceding email was with a
>> fresh install and with the removal of 'all' the '^M'.  That being said,
>> you are correct gcc/cc compiles continue to fail with the results we
>> previously posted; here are the compile failure results again:
>>
>> # gcc -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
>> chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> # gcc -Wall -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
>> chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory
>> chpasswd.c: In function 'main':
>> chpasswd.c:103: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
>> 'fixpwd'
>> differ in signedness
>> chpasswd.c:104: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
>> 'fixpwd'
>> differ in signedness
>> chpasswd.c:105: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
>> 'fixpwd'
>> differ in signedness
>>
>> Once again this is a fresh install using: cp config_example.php
>> config.php
>> afterwards removing 'all' of the '^M'.
>> -
>> Using ./chpassword from the cli:
>> change_passwd/chpasswd 'userID' 'old_pass' 'new_pass' 2>&1
>> RESULT: [3] 18811
>> 1: Command not found.
>> [2]  - Exit 9                       ./chpasswd userid old_pass new_pass
>> > 2 -
>> Above nothing truncated or added.  Given that we aren't able to compile
>> chpasswd, watch this:
>>
>> # ./chpasswd user1
>> Missing current password
>> # ./chpasswd user1 12345
>> Missing new password
>> # ./chpasswd user1 12345 67890
>> User does not exist: user1
>> -
>> Correct user1 does not exist, however it appears 'chpasswd' runs in some
>> way from the cli but it doesn't actually change any password when you
>> have
>> a valid userid in place. chpasswd also 'appears' to run via SM-1.4.21 >
>> options > change password. Currently, using the latter method tells the
>> user, in red; "Your password was changed successfully" <-- verbatim; on
>> the change password form/page.
>
> You originally reported that running the binary gave you "ELF binary
> type "0" not known"
>
> Now you say it is (half) working.  I can't follow what you are doing,

The output that include ELF was shown on the change password page/form
after we attempted to change a valid users password while both: $debug =
1; and $seeOutput = 1; <--config.php.

> what version of which binary you are using,
If the answer to your question is not the version number in the subject
line, I have not a clue, nor to I know How to find the answer to that
question.  I'd be more than happy to follow your instructions.

> but the most relevant
> thing to say is that all this testing is useless if you couldn't
> compile the binary in the first place.  I'm not sure what you expect
> out of it otherwise.  I already gave you some tips to help find the
> right compilation arguments.

At this point the focus is on why chpasswd is not compiling and/or finding
crypt.h when in fact crypt is on the machine and other ports can find and
use crypt.h when they need to.  Nothing really customized on this machine
other than the kernel, as in nothing exotic in /etc/make.conf.

Yes the reply quotes are annoying, this is the default setting for SM eith
the exception of a theme change.

>> The indented lines directly below this line still hold true.

>> running the ./chpasswd from the cli shows (incorrect), however running
>> the
>> binary
>> the password was successfully changed.
>>
>>> You said it gives an error (...contact administrator...).  Which is it?
>> Can't remember exactly what I was doing to get that msg; and I'm
>> currently
>> unable to reproduce it.
>>
>>>Please try to keep your output reports consistent with what version of
>> the >binary/binaries you are using.
>>
>> Everything in this email I have repeatedly reproduced, before sending
>> the
>> mail a minimum of 10-times, with a fresh install of the plugin. I hope
>> that falls under the 'consistent' definition.
>>
>> Going to read 'man crypt' Enigma(1) FreeBSD-7.3.  Maybe I'll learn
>> something.  Let me know if I left any detail out that you need.

>> Attempting to login with what you think is the new.passwd; fails.
>> nothing edited, with the exception of removing the '^M' from the
>> aforementioned file(s).
>>> The native/original supposedly won't even run at all on your system,
>>> and
>> recompiling it fails with an error, so I'm not sure what you've done
>> now.
>

> --
> Paul Lesniewski
> SquirrelMail Team
> Please support Open Source Software by donating to SquirrelMail!
> http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php

> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):