'change_passwd' at least once.  However, I will try 'step-5' now.
>>> It says if the binary isn't working, recompilation is probably called
for... your situation definitely qualifies for that.
defined in unistd.h, not crypt.h".
>>> Either one might work.  Not sure.  What does "man crypt" tell you? Did
you search for those header file and actually look in them for crypt?
continues to not function on FreeBSD-7.3.
>>> You have to give more details.
>> find / -name 'crypt.h'
>> /usr/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.h
>>>What is the compilation output?
>> # gcc -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
>> chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory
> Looks like you have crypt on your system.  You just need to find the
right combination of compilation arguments to get it to work.  Try adding
"-L/usr/src/lib/libcrypt" for starters. Or just adding
> "-lcrypt" might work.  You'll have to play around and/or do some
searching.  Please report back if you get it to compile.
>>>What happens when you run the binary from the command line?
>> #  ./chpasswd <user> <correct.current.passwd> <new.passwd>
>> RESULT: Current password is incorrect
> How is this when you could not compile it?  I just looked and unistd.h
is > already included, so if you replaced crypt.h with unistd.h, then you
have > it twice.

It was removed once we saw it had no affect.
-
The results I posted here, starting with the preceding email was with a
fresh install and with the removal of 'all' the '^M'.  That being said,
you are correct gcc/cc compiles continue to fail with the results we
previously posted; here are the compile failure results again:

# gcc -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory

# gcc -Wall -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory
chpasswd.c: In function 'main':
chpasswd.c:103: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'fixpwd'
differ in signedness
chpasswd.c:104: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'fixpwd'
differ in signedness
chpasswd.c:105: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'fixpwd'
differ in signedness

Once again this is a fresh install using: cp config_example.php config.php
afterwards removing 'all' of the '^M'.
-
Using ./chpassword from the cli:
change_passwd/chpasswd 'userID' 'old_pass' 'new_pass' 2>&1
RESULT: [3] 18811
1: Command not found.
[2]  - Exit 9                       ./chpasswd userid old_pass new_pass > 2 -
Above nothing truncated or added.  Given that we aren't able to compile
chpasswd, watch this:

# ./chpasswd user1
Missing current password
# ./chpasswd user1 12345
Missing new password
# ./chpasswd user1 12345 67890
User does not exist: user1
-
Correct user1 does not exist, however it appears 'chpasswd' runs in some
way from the cli but it doesn't actually change any password when you have
a valid userid in place. chpasswd also 'appears' to run via SM-1.4.21 >
options > change password. Currently, using the latter method tells the
user, in red; "Your password was changed successfully" <-- verbatim; on
the change password form/page.

The indented lines directly below this line still hold true.

>> There is no doubt about the <correct.current.password>; I use that passwd
>> everyday when logging into Squirrelmail.  As you can see (above)
running the ./chpasswd from the cli shows (incorrect), however running the
binary
>> via SM > Options > change password, the results are printed in red that
the password was successfully changed.

> You said it gives an error (...contact administrator...).  Which is it?
Can't remember exactly what I was doing to get that msg; and I'm currently
unable to reproduce it.

>Please try to keep your output reports consistent with what version of
the >binary/binaries you are using.

Everything in this email I have repeatedly reproduced, before sending the
mail a minimum of 10-times, with a fresh install of the plugin. I hope
that falls under the 'consistent' definition.

Going to read 'man crypt' Enigma(1) FreeBSD-7.3.  Maybe I'll learn
something.  Let me know if I left any detail out that you need.

>> Any attempts to reload or go to
>> another page results in SM directing you to login.  At this point
Attempting to login with what you think is the new.passwd; fails.
>>> How do you know that is the case?  Supposedly you fixed that.
>> I tried to fix it; didn't work.  What you see above is native/original;
nothing edited, with the exception of removing the '^M' from the
aforementioned file(s).
> The native/original supposedly won't even run at all on your system, and
recompiling it fails with an error, so I'm not sure what you've done now.
> --
> Paul Lesniewski
> SquirrelMail Team
> Please support Open Source Software by donating to SquirrelMail!
info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):