On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:48 PM,  <s...@guice.ath.cx> wrote:
>> Not sure what you did to the text, but quoting is quite borked here,
>> hard to read...
> I'm using Squirrelmail-1.4.21 and the reply link.  When I go to reference
> a previous mail, I save to draft folder and come back to the draft and
> continue, nothing else.

>>> 'change_passwd' at least once.  However, I will try 'step-5' now.
>>> for... your situation definitely qualifies for that.
>>> defined in unistd.h, not crypt.h".
>>> you search for those header file and actually look in them for crypt?
> No I have not.  I thought you were meaning the chpasswd.c was a header file.

>>> continues to not function on FreeBSD-7.3.
>>> right combination of compilation arguments to get it to work.  Try
>>> adding
>>> "-L/usr/src/lib/libcrypt" for starters. Or just adding
>>> searching.
> None of the above is working.  Please allow me to point out that I have at
> least one other port that has used "-lcrypt" recently; here's a snipp...
>
> cflags        (mysql_config) = -I/usr/local/include/mysql
> -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
>  embedded      (mysql_config) =
>  libs          (mysql_config) = -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz
> -lcrypt -lm
>
> It compiled without any issues.

I don't have a BSD test machine, so I can't really help you any more
than you can help yourself.  Google and whatnot.  The best solution
would be to convert the program to use automake, but I have not the
time to fiddle with that right now.  If you are willing to wait around
and test it when I do, I can try to put that on my list in the next
few weeks.  Otherwise, as I said, have a try at figuring out the right
compilation arguments and let us know the correct ones when you have
it compiling.

> Please report back if you get it to compile.
>>> is > already included, so if you replaced crypt.h with unistd.h, then
>>> you
>>> have > it twice.
>>>
>>> It was removed once we saw it had no affect.
>>> -
>>> The results I posted here, starting with the preceding email was with a
>>> fresh install and with the removal of 'all' the '^M'.  That being said,
>>> you are correct gcc/cc compiles continue to fail with the results we
>>> previously posted; here are the compile failure results again:
>>>
>>> # gcc -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
>>> chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> # gcc -Wall -lcrypt -O -o chpasswd chpasswd.c
>>> chpasswd.c:33:19: error: crypt.h: No such file or directory
>>> chpasswd.c: In function 'main':
>>> chpasswd.c:103: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team

List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):