On 09/02/2015 05:47 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 05:18:24PM +0200, Michal Židek wrote:
On 08/17/2015 02:21 PM, Petr Cech wrote:
On 07/17/2015 01:26 PM, Petr Cech wrote:
Hi,

I have read the wiki pages. And I have the edited version. It would be
difficult to send the diff, so I started a new pages where you can
view the result.

Original pages:
[ 1] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Contribute
[ 2] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DevelTips
[ 3] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DevelTutorials
[ 4] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Reporting_sssd_bugs
[ 5] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/BugLifecycle
[ 6] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Repositories

Content of [3] has been divided between [1] and [3], content of [5]
has been divided between [1] and [4]. Then [3,5,6] will be deleted.

Test of new pages:
[ 7] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/pcech_test_contribute
[ 8] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/pcech_test_devel_tips
[ 9] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/pcech_test_reporting_sssd_bugs

Note that the links lead to the original pages.
At [7] you can find "COPR Repository" section, but I am not sure with
text here. Please look at it.
I did not pass the whole wiki. I think there might be a link from [8]
(perhaps [9]) on Troubleshooting.

I look forward to your comments, I need the opinions of another persons.

Petr

Hi,

a did some little edits according to talk with Jakub:
   * deleting Code Submission Process in Contribute
   * simplifying the structure of the headings in Contribute
   * adding link to tevent documentation in Devel tips
   * merging SSSD bug report
and we would like to move link to COPR repo to the homepage (and add
note about Ubuntu package, is it right?)

So new version (without homepage and link to Ubuntu repo) is on the same
place:
[ 7] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/pcech_test_contribute
[ 8] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/pcech_test_devel_tips
[ 9] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/pcech_test_reporting_sssd_bugs

Petr

Hi!

I think that Petr's changes to Wiki are improvement over the
current state. He removes a lot of duplicated and outdated
info. So if nobody objects I would like Petr to go ahead
and replace the current pages with the new ones.

Thank you very much for review, they looked good to me as well when we
discussed the changes in person last time.

Petr, please move the pages and then send a mail to the list about the
update, we can always change more stuff or even roll back.

I just updated the wiki pages. I will send another mail for it.

But in this thread, I would like to note, what is exactly done.

Original pages:
[ 1] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Contribute
[ 2] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DevelTips
[ 3] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DevelTutorials
[ 4] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Reporting_sssd_bugs
[ 5] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/BugLifecycle
[ 6] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Repositories

Content of [3] has been divided between [1] and [3], content of [5]
has been divided between [1] and [4]. Then [3,5,6] will be deleted.

Test of new pages:
[ 7] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/pcech_test_contribute
[ 8] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/pcech_test_devel_tips
[ 9] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/pcech_test_reporting_sssd_bugs

UPDATE:
[ 7] --> [ 1]
[ 8] --> [ 2]
[ 9] --> [ 4]
Pages [7,8,9] exist still, but we could remove it.
Pages [3,5,6] exist too, but I hope, no links target them. We could
remove it too.

I am sorry, but after this ticket I am blind on wiki. Could somebody check, that I did update properly? Thanks.

Petr

I have one comment: Does somebody know how to move the
table of contents to the left? Currently it is in the upper
right corner and I think (especially on bigger monitors)
it is really not easy to spot. The table is IMO very important
and gives good outline of what to expect from the page
so I would really like to have it on the left nice and
visible.

I only found http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/PageOutline about the macro.

Also I like the idea of revisiting the wiki pages regularly
in order to further improve them and keep them up-to-date.
I think the overall navigation on our wiki has room for
improvement, but we do not need to do everything at once.

Hmm I guess I missed that how exactly are we going to update them
regularly? (I agree we should, I'm just interested in the mechanics)