Hi,

Today I was having a chat with a colleague who is working on certain XMPP
related usecases. As neither he nor I am not much familiar with XMPP we
need help with a particular usecase he is stuck at:

*Usecase: Customer Support implementation requires messages to and from one
JID (think "[email protected] <[email protected]>") to be sent to/received from
multiple support guys (think "[email protected] <[email protected]>", "[email protected]
<[email protected]>" etc), all of whom are registered users on an XMPP server,
with their own separate JIDs.*

Any message to "[email protected]" should be redirected to one and only one
of the support guys, and not to anyone else.

I found *XEP-0280: Message Carbons* which seemed promising but
unfortunately  deals with one user having multiple resources, and (at a
first glance) seems to naively broadcast the same message to all resources
of one user.

Is there any RFC/XEP which my colleague could refer to? Is it even
possible? If not, how do you propose we target this usecase?

Regards,
Vaibhav Singh
_______________________________________________
Standards mailing list
Info: https://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/standards
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
_______________________________________________

Reply via email to