On 11.09.19 19:23, Jonas Schäfer (XSF Editor) wrote:
> Version 0.1.0 of XEP-0423 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2020) has been
> released.
>
> Abstract:
> This document defines XMPP protocol compliance levels.
>
> Changelog:
> Accepted by vote of Council on 2019-09-11. (XEP Editor (jsc))

I am going to give feedback based on

https://op-co.de/tmp/xep-0423.html

which is, if I understood Georg correctly, the current state.

There are two protocol extension evaluations that are currently missing:

XEP-0114: Jabber Component Protocol → XEP-0225: Component Connections

XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities → XEP-0390: Entity Capabilities 2.0

The right hand side of the arrows should probably be mentioned in "3.
Future Development" or probably even in § 2.

I would add a note that Jingle IBB is the most reliable transport, and
(I assume) hence the only Jingle transport explicitly mentioned, because
this is the first transport you probably want to implement, while noting
that it is the most inefficient transport.

And, of course, I miss XEP-0374: "OpenPGP for XMPP Instant Messaging"
from being mentioned in "3. Future Development".

And, finally, some nits:

- Remove "and related specifications" from the MIX reference, as it
  is just unnecessary noise.
- OMEMO, EME and JFT are mentioned in the same bullet point in § 3.
  This is probably an indication that we should create an "Encryption"
  subsection in § 3, which gives an overview on what is going on in this
  regard. This could even give a hint towards MLS.
- Not sure why the \me command XEP (XEP-0245) is a core client
  requirement. If anything, I would consider it an advanced feature.

Kudos to Ge0rg for working on this. :)

- Florian