> > HTTP Upload and OOB are mentioned, but it is not said how to use them
> > together (I am thinking about the ugly hack of body == oob url). We
> > might want to detail this or point somewhere that describes it, as much
> > as I dislike it.
>
> I very much dislike it myself, but as of right now nobody stepped up to
> write down this tribal knowledge, so the remark in CS-2020 is the only
> formal mention so far. If somebody steps up to make an Informational
> XEP, we surely can add a note inside CS-2020.

Will there ever be a better solution than this hack?
So far I've heard of SIMS and other XEPS but they never got implemented by
major clients.
Why? What is needed to fill this gap with a proper solution?
Maybe even one capable of showing a blurred placeholder/preview of the media
file before its upload is finished?
That way the media and text messages would keep their initial order and not
get shuffled around by the delay introduced through the "first upload then send
message with url" approach currently used.

- tmolitor