Edgar P Dollin wrote:

Everyone has preferences but in my opinion JSTL doesn't hold a candle to the
nested tags, especially customized nested tags.

I do agree however that JSTL for nested tags is not that important.  It does
help in environments where there is ZERO tolerance for JSP expressions

Conveniently ignoring the fact that something like <nested:write property="foo.bar"/> stll contains a "JSP expression" -- just not a *standard* JSP expression :-).

or
that are running older versions of the servlet container.

Definitely.

Edgar