> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Back in September, David Karr was threatening to do Tiles-EL and
> > Nested-EL.  I
> > see that the Tiles-EL has been committed, sweet.  Nested-EL seems to be
> > missing.  David, have you started working on Nested-EL?  If so, how far
> > off is
> > it from being complete?  If not, do you have any tips, because I am
> > getting
> > started on it tonight.
>
> Doesn't the EL replace the need for a nested tag library?  Isn't the EL
> syntax easier than using nested tags?  I haven't used Nested but it seems
> like a Nested-EL is redundant.

IMHO, I'd say EL is actually harder, but at any rate EL can't completely do
what the nested tags can. Like anything recursive.

I just had an email conversation with a developer in England that has an app
which business data model is a very large data structure. Depending on the
level and required feature of the interface, they just have an include file
for nested markup at any given level. The root JSP page simply includes the
level for the given point and away it goes, regardless of its place in the
hierarchy, and it's all updatable to the server because the actual property is
made behind the scenes. This is only possible with the nested context being
passed in the request. I put an OO-JSP spiel on my site, and this appears to
be an extreme implementation of it.

I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but it's a hammer that can hit some
pretty wicked nails.

Arron.