There's a method of reducing this duplication in Ted Husted's "Struts in Action" book - the method, I believe, is called the "body wrap" method and it addresses a particular situation that is common, that allows you to eliminate this duplication. Also, you can define and extend tile definitions in XML, that also help mitigate and leverage the scaleability of Tiles.

I recommend you check out Ted's book or other Struts books that also address Tiles.

Kalra, Ashwani wrote:

hi,
I tiles you have to maintain two pages. One that includes all the sections
like header, footer, variable content jsp, etc. and one jsp which contains
your code(varible part).
This doubles up the no of jsps ?  Is it ok. any work around ?

TIA
Ashwani Kalra
http://www.geocities.com/ashwani_kalra

____________________________________________________ This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

-- Brice D. Ruth Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands, Inc.