Bernie Innocenti wrote:
On 05/20/09 23:29, NoiseEHC wrote:
When I tried jhbuild what I found strange that it does not detect the
Linux distro so I had to manually enter commands as it was specified on
the wiki. Can we get rid of that? (I have no idea how to detect the
distro or how to automate that just to let you know this fact...)

You mean for installing dependencies?  This requires root privileges, so
jhbuild can't do it on its own.

Besides, we used to have some distro-specific dependency check in the
past, but I someone (marcopg?) ripped it off, probably because it was a
pita to maintain.

I am talking about this:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Jhbuild/Fedora
As I told I do not know how difficult can it be to automate so if it would be a lot of work then of course you should not put too much work into it. BTW text like "the dependency check will fail if you don't have a DISPLAY set" does not mean too much for Windows people like me (I did manage to google the answer so it was not a question).