Hi Jim,

Although it would be technically incorect to use the terms "Standard Time" and
"Daylight Saving Time" for these scales, I for one would not object as it does
convey the meanings to th general public.  And it does serve as a
conversation-starter for us pedantic diallists ;-).

If you wanted to avoid these terms with their precise definitions, then you
could use "Summer Time" and "Winter Time" as approximations.  I once used the
term "Greenwich Time" (rather than Greenwich Mean Time) for a horizontal dial
which included the longitude correction and had the EoT as a graph.

Let us know what you finally opt for, please!

Regards,

John

Dr J R Davis
Flowton Dials