In a message dated 7/18/2002 11:21:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  I am trying to make a dial that is easy for "regular people" to understand
> and use, and I think some kind of label along the time scales would be
> helpful to casual observers.

Good luck.  I have not found the ideal solution either for this particular
situation.  Perhaps labling the scales "Approximate Standard Time", or
"Uncorrected Standard Time", and the same for DST.  This may encourage your
readers to use the EOT chart.  I wish I had a better suggestion.

I like John Davis' suggestion of Winter Time and Summer Time.

Bill Gottesman
Burlington, VT
44.4674N, 73.2027W