Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses.

I'm not trying to read the EOT-adjusted time from the device, I want to
read the actual EOT value itself for that date. For example, on Aug 9th, at
any daylight hour, I'd like to be able to read, say, -5.5 min. Maybe I'm
misunderstanding, but do I get that from these analemmic gnomons or hour
lines?

I'm suggesting something like Peter's design, but with the hour lines
removed, and the date lines labelled with the EOT value (-15 min -> 15 min).

I understand Simon's point that the altitude of the sun is ambiguous
between two dates, so perhaps it would have to be split into two plates
(like half-analemmas). Of course, this requires the user to know which 6
month period of the year they are in, which partially defeats the purpose
of not needing to know the date :-)

Ken