Hello All,
I think Mike nailed it, as to what Ken is asking.  I know of no sundial,
other than Mike's here, that directly measures the Eot, rather than somehow
incorporate the EoT calculated elsewhere.  I did not think this was
possible until I saw Mike's solution just now, because a sundial has no way
of measuring Mean Solar Time without a previously calculated EoT chart.  In
Tom Hank's movie Cast Away, he records an analemma on a cave wall, but this
is movie fiction.  His watch was broken and he had no way to measure mean
time, only local solar time.
-Bill