In message <d339e370-5a25-4d9e-8d99-637604f93...@btinternet.com>
          Douglas Bateman <douglas.bate...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Sundiallers like to give precise locations for dials, but (a little off-list)
> I have a bottle of Campo Viejo Rioja 2014 wine in front of me which gives at
> the top of the label N 42º 28’ 48”  W 02º 29’ 08”. Although in a
> small font it is clearly printed above the brand name.
>
> Google Earth shows a large vineyard, and indeed the brand, at this location.
>
> This is a new one on me, and I wonder how many products are giving their
> source location in geographical coordinates.
>
> Open for discussion!
>
> Doug

As far as physical 'products' are concerned, these days they would
probably have a "QRcode" - you know, one of those small square blocks
which just seem to contain a 'jumble' of black and white pixels.

Those are mainly used to direct people straight to a website, but
they can contain a lot more information (if you needed to do so).

If you want to include an actual geographical location, then one of
the best ways is to use a "NAC code" - which stands for 'Natural Area
Coding' also known as Universal Map Coding, or a Universal Address).

It is usually included as a 'meta', within any website design coding.

For sundial-related subjects, the only people I know that use these
methods are "Modern Sunclocks" - and (if anyone is interested), I
have 'attached' the QRcode they use to drive people to their website.

Within the 'meta' code of that website they also display a NAC code,
so that any people can find-out their exact Latitude and Longitude.

Sincerely,

Martina Addiscott