Ian--

Thanks for the explanation. That answers both of my questions.

Easier to remember, and less-likely for someone to mis-write one of the
characters. I can see where there are applications where those qualities
would be helpful.

A lot of houses & cottages already have names, and so wouldn't it be good
for people to be able to request that the square containing their
front-door have the name of their house, if that word-combination (or
something too close to it) isn't already in use?

Thanks again.

Michael Ossipoff