Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
ST wrote:
Hello,

I uninstalled Acrobat and installed Foxit reader. It works fine as a separate program to view PDF files, but there is a problem if I click
on a pdf file from a Seamonkey window.

It starts to download, but then freezes. A popup will come up with a 'Server Busy' heading. The message says: The application cannot be completed because [file name] (application/pdf object) Seamonkey program is not responding.

Then there are two boxes below that can be clicked. One says Switch [which when clicked does nothing] and the other says Retry. If Retry is clicked, it goes away for a few seconds then the original popup comes back. There is a Cancel button also, but that is grayed out. I can't close the program after that without using the task manager. The task manager shows Foxit as being loaded, but if I kill that program I'm still frozen and have to kill Seamonkey also.

I tried adding Foxit to the helper applications but that did nothing.

Suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks,

ST
Hello,

I forgot to add that Foxit load PDF files fine within IE.

ST

is this happening on all sites with PDFs or just one or two? If a couple, then post links

Hello,

It's all sites. I even tried File-Open File and it did the same thing.

It started to load then stopped and the same popup came up.  But, again

it works correctly in ie 7. And, it works if I just use the Foxit Reader

to view a PDF file from one of my folders.

ST