It's a longshot, but in the absence of other suggestions you might want to
try Microsoft's program uninstaller to get rid of any lingering unwanted
Acrobat registry associations or shared files/folders. I haven't used it but
there is a good buzz about it on the web, which is very unusual for anything
Microsoft. You may want to (or need to) reinstall Acrobat first before you
do this -  please read up on what you're getting into if you elect to try it
out.