Andrea wrote:
I have SM set as my default browser, but there are rare occasions when I
want to use IE. When I open IE and put something in the address bar, even
Microsoft.com, it opens up in SM. How can I temporarily stop SM from being
the default browser or at least allow IE to open a page when I choose to do
that? The part about default browser is grayed out in SM's preferences
because it's already set as the default. When I go to Internet Options in my
control panel (Windows XP) or in IE, I checked off for IE to check to see if
it's the default browser, and I expected to see a screen asking me the next
time I opened it, but I haven't. Any suggestions?

Best way is to use the IE tab extension. This way, you stay within SM, even when you need to use IE.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/1419

--
John Doue