John Doue wrote:
> Andrea wrote:
>> I have SM set as my default browser, but there are rare occasions
>> when I want to use IE. When I open IE and put something in the
>> address bar, even Microsoft.com, it opens up in SM. How can I
>> temporarily stop SM from being the default browser or at least allow
>> IE to open a page when I choose to do that? The part about default
>> browser is grayed out in SM's preferences because it's already set
>> as the default. When I go to Internet Options in my control panel
>> (Windows XP) or in IE, I checked off for IE to check to see if it's
>> the default browser, and I expected to see a screen asking me the
>> next time I opened it, but I haven't. Any suggestions?
> Best way is to use the IE tab extension. This way, you stay within SM,
> even when you need to use IE.
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/1419

Thanks. I do have the IE tab extension, but I still want to be able to use
IE itself if I want to. I used to be able to do that in some way even though
SM was the default browser. When I clicked on links the browser that opened
up was always SM--and that's what I still want. But I also used to be able
to open IE, type a URL into the address bar, and have it open up in IE, not
in SM.