JeffM wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
You could:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/browse_thread/thread/b6e26e2e11abfea?q=#2d2e68b00cde1aba

Notes to Peter on use of the Archive:
You may prefer the pageview that shows the threading.
(I know I do.)
At the top of a thread page, it you click *Options* then *View as
tree*,
/browse_thread/  in the URL turns into  /browse_frm/ .
(You can always edit the URL as well.)
.
.
Anything starting with a hash mark is just noise.[1]
(Thanks, crappy Google developers.)

To index a thread to a particular post,
the syntax is  .../thread/ThreadNumber/PostNumber
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/browse_frm/thread/b6e26e2e11abfea/2d2e68b00cde1aba

...and, if that post is the OP,
you gain nothing by putting in the Post Number.
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/browse_frm/thread/b6e26e2e11abfea
.
.
[1] The question mark without any added parameters is noise too.
The 2 parameters that I find useful are:
?q=      (to highlight the text of a search string)
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/browse_frm/thread/b6e26e2e11abfea?q=forgotten-what-the-keyboard-shortcut-is

and

?fwc=1
to show the post in a monospaced font
(e.g. for ASCII art or other spacing-dependent stuff).
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/browse_frm/thread/b6e26e2e11abfea?fwc=1

So that your cookie won't remember the non-proportional font,
before closing the tab, you may want to do
*Options*; *Proportional text*.

You can also edit the URL as ?fwc=0 .
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/browse_frm/thread/b6e26e2e11abfea?fwc=0

JD uses SeaMonkey mail/newsgroups to view and post to newsgroups. Thanks for the link to the web interface. Yes, my post was not canceled. ;-)

--
 JD..