Lester Caine wrote:
Charles Milton Ling wrote:
Greetings!

I am in the process of backing up everything of importance. I have read the instructions about transferring a profile, but now discover that I have a profile I didn't know anything about! The Profile Manager tells me that I have two profiles, namely "default" and "test" (which I once created solely for testing). Using Windows Explorer, however, I find that my "main" profile, the one containing all my e-mail etc., is called "Charley". I cannnot recall that I created it, and - as said - the Profile Manager apparently doesn't know about it either! When I start SeaMonkey, "default" is apparently used, and works. I am a bit confused, and grateful for any help.

The 'profile' is really only a short cut. The ACTUAL location of your emails will be identified by checking which directory your email accounts are using in 'Mail and Newsgroup account setting'. I normally change that location to the real location of my email and newsgroup history. Things like your bookmarks will still be in the 'default' profile. I tend to just copy that over the top of a new one created in the new machine.

I am afraid I don't quite understand. I have found the actual location, now where should I change it?
Sorry if I am very stupid!

Charley

--
Charles Milton Ling