Charles Milton Ling wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Charles Milton Ling wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Charles Milton Ling wrote:
Greetings!

I am in the process of backing up everything of importance. I have read the instructions about transferring a profile, but now discover that I have a profile I didn't know anything about! The Profile Manager tells me that I have two profiles, namely "default" and "test" (which I once created solely for testing). Using Windows Explorer, however, I find that my "main" profile, the one containing all my e-mail etc., is called "Charley". I cannnot recall that I created it, and - as said - the Profile Manager apparently doesn't know about it either! When I start SeaMonkey, "default" is apparently used, and works. I am a bit confused, and grateful for any help.

Thank you!
Charley

close SM. Open the profile manager, and have it point to this mysterious profile. Open SM using that profile. What do you see?

Sorry, Peter, but if I close SM, I surely cannot use the profile manager?

no, you need to close SM to use the profile manager. Once SM is closed, click on the windows start button, then run and enter:

seamonkey.exe -p

this will start the SM profile manager.

Thank you! It works, but it does *not* mention the enigmatic "Charley" profile, I just have "default" and "test".

Charley, when you have SeaMonkey running, have a look at Edit->Mail&Newsgroup Account Setting, select "Server Settings" on your Mail account and at the bottom of the screen is the "Local Directory". Is this the same location as the enigmatic "Charley"?

Then close SeaMonkey, click on the windows start button, then run and enter:

seamonkey.exe -p

select the profile called "Default". Does it appear to be your "Charley" profile, i.e. has it got your mail and bookmarks set up as you normally see them?

Daniel