It seems that, ironically, the FF/TB programs make it easy to import from Internet
Explorer, but not from the Mozilla "sister" product, SM.

I know! Annoying, isn't it. Every time you install a Moz family product you wind up saying, "This would be SO much easier if I were using MS's crap."

Even more surprising (and maybe even harder to do) is to migrate from TBird to TBird when you get a new machine or switch platforms. It's nuts! How hard would it be to put up a dialog that said, "Want me to find and use your data from a previous installation?" But nooooooo...
--
Malcolm
"They should know they're the Grateful Dead now." -- Phil