Lee wrote:
> Well I followed the instructions provided by Peter P.
> and Rostyk and am now able to receive email but cannot
> send.  Just went through about 1/2 hour with AT&T CSR
> with negative results, deleted SeaMonkey and reinstalled
> with no luck.
>
> I can use the browser no problem
> I can receive email no problem
> I can use the browser and get and send email with no problem
> I can use the newsgroups also with no problem.
>
> AT&T will call back to see if the reinstall did any good
> which it did not so any tips this one has me beat.  I have
> changed the password on my modem, router, and web site and
> they all match.  They even did the remote connection and
> could not figure it out.
>
> Perplexed bothered and bewildered
>
> L e e (in Florida)

I haven't read the whole thread, but I recently went through this with
the change from bellsouth to att.yahoo.  Enter about:config in the space
for url's and filter on smtp.  The results should look something like this:

user_pref("mail.identity.id1.smtpServer", "smtp2");
user_pref("mail.identity.id2.smtpServer", "smtp2");
user_pref("mail.identity.id3.smtpServer", "smtp2");
user_pref("mail.identity.id4.smtpServer", "smtp2");
user_pref("mail.identity.id5.smtpServer", "smtp2");
user_pref("mail.identity.id6.smtpServer", "smtp2");
user_pref("mail.smtp.defaultserver", "smtp2");
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.auth_method", 1);
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.description", "Bellsouth/ATT/Yahoo");
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.hostname", "smtp.att.yahoo.com");
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.port", 465);
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.trySecAuth", false);
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.try_ssl", 3);
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.useSecAuth", false);
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.username", "yourn...@bellsouth.net");
user_pref("mail.smtpservers", "smtp2");

This is actually out of my profile, but the filter results should be
quite similar.  Point is to make sure whatever your default server is,
it is the correct one.

--
-Rinaldi-
"I thought you were trying to get into shape."