On 02/26/09 12:58, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> Lee wrote:
>> Well I followed the instructions provided by Peter P.
>> and Rostyk and am now able to receive email but cannot
>> send.  Just went through about 1/2 hour with AT&T CSR
>> with negative results, deleted SeaMonkey and reinstalled
>> with no luck.
>>
>> I can use the browser no problem
>> I can receive email no problem
>> I can use the browser and get and send email with no problem
>> I can use the newsgroups also with no problem.
>>
>> AT&T will call back to see if the reinstall did any good
>> which it did not so any tips this one has me beat.  I have
>> changed the password on my modem, router, and web site and
>> they all match.  They even did the remote connection and
>> could not figure it out.
>>
>> Perplexed bothered and bewildered
>>
>> L e e (in Florida)
>
> I haven't read the whole thread, but I recently went through this with
> the change from bellsouth to att.yahoo.  Enter about:config in the space
> for url's and filter on smtp.  The results should look something like this:
>
> user_pref("mail.identity.id1.smtpServer", "smtp2");
> user_pref("mail.identity.id2.smtpServer", "smtp2");
> user_pref("mail.identity.id3.smtpServer", "smtp2");
> user_pref("mail.identity.id4.smtpServer", "smtp2");
> user_pref("mail.identity.id5.smtpServer", "smtp2");
> user_pref("mail.identity.id6.smtpServer", "smtp2");
> user_pref("mail.smtp.defaultserver", "smtp2");
> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.auth_method", 1);
> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.description", "Bellsouth/ATT/Yahoo");
> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.hostname", "smtp.att.yahoo.com");
> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.port", 465);
> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.trySecAuth", false);
> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.try_ssl", 3);
> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.useSecAuth", false);
> user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp2.username", "yourn...@bellsouth.net");
> user_pref("mail.smtpservers", "smtp2");
>
> This is actually out of my profile, but the filter results should be
> quite similar.  Point is to make sure whatever your default server is,
> it is the correct one.

If you want to set a particular SMTP server as the default,
wouldn't it be easier to just go to:

Edit -> Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings -> Outgoing Server (SMTP)
click on the server you want set as the default, then click on the
"Set Default" button?

Anyway, which server is set as the default matters only if the
outgoing server (SMTP) in your Mail/News account settings is set
to use the default server. You can set it to use any server
specifically, then it doesn't matter which one is the default.

In other words, setting one of the Outgoing Servers (SMTP) to
be the default doesn't mean it will be used by any particular
Mail/News account.

Best Regards,