Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Marisa Ciceran wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

I'm presuming thats Netscape 4.x. If so, then you need to reinstall that, and use their profile manager to remove that profile.

Peter,

Yes, Netscape 4.x. I hadn't thought of that "fix", but it makes sense to me. When I find a copy of the installation file, I will try it.

you can get it here: ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/english

Hi Peter,

I found my copy of version 4.79 and reinstalled it. To my surprise, I didn't have to do anything to my SeaMonkey Mail Profiles as the moment I went to open it up, lo and behold I saw the Netscape listing disappear right before my eyes!

Along with that came another unexpected bonus. Where I have not had the sounds options with SeaMonkey mail working for several years, they suddenly reappeared and are working again.

I resisted uninstalling my old Netscape 4.79 for a very long time, and had waited for version 4.8. I grabbed a copy of that installation file just now and will keep it for posterity. :-)

Thanks again for all your help.

Marisa