From - Mon Mar 30 13:44:36 2009
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:44:35 -0400
From: [omitted]
To:[omitted]
Subject: This Week...
OK - Wed is the first of 3 more prepaid weeks.
I -believe- the following people are playing Wednesday:
Me, Kathy, Art, Lisa, Jon, Peter, John, Beth, Kevin    (Ed is away
this week)
If you're on the list above and aren't "IN", please let me know
ASAP.
Otherwise, we'll assume a  quorum.
/j
WHAT I SEE IN MY SENT FOLDER
OK - Wed is the first of 3 more prepaid weeks.
I -believe- the following people are playing Wednesday:
Me, Kathy, Art, Lisa, Jon, Peter, John, Beth, Kevin    (Ed is away
this week)
If you're on the list above and aren't "IN", please let me know
ASAP.
Otherwise, we'll assume a  quorum.
/j
Thanks for furnishing us an pseudo-working example.
I do your test.
It seems that only you have a problem ...
My RESULT IS CORRECT: Have a look !!!!

OK - Wed is the first of 3 more prepaid weeks.

I -believe- the following people are playing Wednesday:

Me, Kathy, Art, Lisa, Jon, Peter, John, Beth, Kevin    (Ed is away
this week)

If you're on the list above and aren't "IN", please let me know
ASAP.
Otherwise, we'll assume a  quorum.

You got text, not HTML
????
/j

You always speak about a conversion ...there is no conversion needed.
In the case you furnished....The input text in plain text, so the mail is also plain text. All is NORMAL.

You said also "the blank line is MISSING. " ...i used your input text as test, and i did not have any blank line missing as you show us.
So YOUR pc have a problem .... not mine.

SM is WORKING PERFECTLY.
If you want to sent a mail in HTML format, please furnish him an HTML text.
AnyWay, you NEVER cannot force the recipient to read it in HTML format.