Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/2/2009 10:34 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Bob wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to stop SM from asking if i want to install Asian language fonts?
(Besides installing them that is.)
I don't think it is a windows problem.  IE6 never asks.

SeaMonkey 1.1.8
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 SeaMonkey/1.1.8

Thanks,
Bob
sorry to say, but it is a windows problem. Close SM, then click on the windows start button, then Control Panel, then the Regional and Language Options icon, then the Languages tab, and uncheck the option about East Asian languages, and that should do it. Did it?

I have the settings you recommend.  However, certain internationalized
Web sites still ask if they can install Chinese and Japanese fonts.
This happens all the time when I go to validate a CSS file at W3C's
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/>.

This is a Web site problem.  It could be mitigated if Gecko had a
preference to ignore such requests.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/International_characters
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_East_Asian_language_support_under_Windows

Interesting but it does not address the problem.  I don't want to install asian
support.
I want Seamonkey to stop asking if i want it or not.