Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> asmpgmr wrote:
> > Actually it *is* a SeaMonkey issue. This is caused by the file locale/
> > en-US/global/fontpackage.properties within en-US.jar which contains
> > the following lines:
> >
> > # LOCALIZATION NOTE : (handled_languages): DONT_TRANSLATE
> > handled_languages=ja, ko, zh-tw, zh-cn
> > name_ja=Japanese Text Display
> > name_ko=Korean Text Display
> > name_zh-tw=Traditional Chinese Text Display
> > name_zh-cn=Simplified Chinese Text Display
> > # LOCALIZATION NOTE : (size_ja), MB is megabytes
> > size_ja=5.3 MB
> > # LOCALIZATION NOTE : (size_ko), MB is megabytes
> > size_ko=2.1 MB
> > # LOCALIZATION NOTE : (size_zh-tw), MB is megabytes
> > size_zh-tw=3.9 MB
> > # LOCALIZATION NOTE : (size_zh-cn), MB is megabytes
> > size_zh-cn=4.4 MB
> > cancelButtonNoDownload=OK
> > windowTitleNoDownload=Install Font
> >
> > If you extract this file from en-US.jar (it is just a .zip file) and
> > blank out the handled_languages line and then re-add it to en-US.jar
> > then the problem will go away. Note this issue does not occur with
> > SeaMonkey 2.0a as the font manager is different.
> >
> > Frankly I don't understand why this was ever done in the first place.
> > Anyone who can read these languages will already have the appropriate
> > fonts on their system and anyone who can't won't so this is basically
> > an unnecessary nuisance.
>
> ahhh my little Padawan, I would suspect all those
> languages comes from Edit, Preferences, Navigator, and
> Languages.
>
> Anyways, I've disabled my windows languages and I don't
> have the problem that you or the others seem to
> experience.

No, this is definitely due to those 4 languages being specified in the
file. I blanked out the handled_languages= line and that fixed the
problem. I definitely don't have any language other than English
listed or installed. Please stop saying this is a Windows problem when
it is definitely a SeaMonkey issue and was fixed for SeaMonkey 2.0.