Michael Gordon wrote:

Another option is Mox Backup to save all his profile data to his desktop, and from there copy to a memory stick, floppy, CD, or DVD. Then when he reinstalls his OS he can install SM and restore his save profile.

yeah, thats one option. Another is your zip program, or even windows backup program. I think xp has one? I know win98 had one, but I can't find it in xp.