Rickles wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:

Another option is Mox Backup to save all his profile data to his desktop, and from there copy to a memory stick, floppy, CD, or DVD. Then when he reinstalls his OS he can install SM and restore his save profile.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/download.php

yeah, thats one option. Another is your zip program, or even windows backup program. I think xp has one? I know win98 had one, but I can't find it in xp.

XP Home doesn't come with the NTBackup utility, but XP Pro does. If you know someone who has Pro, simple copy C:\Windows\System32\NTBackup.exe from his machine to yours in the same place, put a shortcut to that in your C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools folder, and you're in. No other DLLs or some such are needed, it's all in the .exe file.

actually, you're sort of correct on that. After reading what you said, I did some digging around, and this is what I found:

<QUOTE>
Windows XP Professional automatically installs ntbackup.exe. Retail XP Home Edition (both full retail and upgrade versions) include ntbackup.exe on CD but it is not installed by default.

http://kadaitcha.cx/backup.html
</UNQUOTE>

I didn't know this, and when I took a look at my CD, low and behold, there it was.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm