Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:

Another option is Mox Backup to save all his profile data to his desktop, and from there copy to a memory stick, floppy, CD, or DVD. Then when he reinstalls his OS he can install SM and restore his save profile.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/download.php

yeah, thats one option. Another is your zip program, or even windows backup program. I think xp has one? I know win98 had one, but I can't find it in xp.

XP Home doesn't come with the NTBackup utility, but XP Pro does. If you know someone who has Pro, simple copy C:\Windows\System32\NTBackup.exe from his machine to yours in the same place, put a shortcut to that in your C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools folder, and you're in. No other DLLs or some such are needed, it's all in the .exe file.