Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Garrett Czmor wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Garrett Czmor wrote:
Ever since downloading the new version of SeaMonkey, I have had problems . The other day, SeaMonkey completely re-installed itself and all my saved websites were gone. In fact, I had to set up a new account as if this was my first time.

SeaMonkey doesn't "re-install" itself. Perhaps you created a new profile by accident. Close SM, then click on the windows start button, then run and enter:

seamonkey.exe -p

this will start the SM profile manager.  How many profiles do you see?

I see one profile "default user"

search your hard drive for prefs.js files. How many do you find? If you find more than one, let us know the exact locations.

Found 7 files as follows:

Prefs c:\documents and settings\administrator\application 5/5/08
Prefs c:\documents and settings\administrator\application 4/21/09
Prefs c:\documents and settings\adminsitrator\application 12/30/07
Security-Prefs c:\program files\\seamonkey\greprefs 4/3/09
Browser-Prefs c:\program files\\seamonkey\defaults\pref 4/3/09
Browser-Prefs c:\program files\netscape\netscape\defaults\pref 1/7/07
Security-Prefs c:\program files\common files\\Gre\1... 8/4/04