Garrett Czmor wrote:
I use Norton Security, Defender (which I think is a joke) and Super Antispyware.

are those items running in the background? If so, disable them and see what happens.

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.