Hana Skoumalova schrieb:
Daniel wrote:
Hana Skoumalova wrote:
Keith Whaley wrote:
Hana Skoumalova wrote:
Hello,

I am using SM 1.1.14 and 1.1.17, and in the mail preferences, I
have checked the option "Remember the last selected message".
Sometimes I select a message in Junk folder by mistake and it is
impossible to unselect it again. Whenever I open the Junk folder I
get that selected message displayed, which is annoying: I use the
three pane view and if no message in Junk folder is selected I can
view the unread messages immediatly. When a message is selected, I
have to switch to two-pane view or to move the scrollbar to be able
to see headers of the new messages. Is there a way to unselect the
selected message?

Thanks,

Hana
Select (click on) message in question. In Menu Bar: "Message/Mark/As
Not Junk".
This is not what I mean. The message *is* Junk. The only thing I want
is that it is not displayed when I move focus to Junk folder. If I
mark it as non-junk, then the focus moves to another junk message,
but I want that no junk message had the focus.

Hana

Why do you still have it in the junk folder??? If it is junk, delete
it and see what happens.

I checked the option "Automatically delete junk mail older than 14 days"
and I don't want to delete junk mail manually. The only thing I do with
junk mail is that I check the new headers from time to time and mark
them as read (with Ctrl+Shift+M). When new junk arrives I can see the
new headers immediately. If I want to see certain message because I am
not sure whether it is junk mail or not, I select its header in the
header pane, and it gets displayed. It's not important whether I delete
it, move it somewhere else or keep it untouched, because since now,
there is a header line selected in the header pane, and when I return to
Junk folder to check for new headers, the header pane shows me the
selected header and its neighbours instead of the N last headers. Then I
have to toggle to two-pane view or to scroll the header pane up and down
to find the new headers, and this is what annoys me.

Well, I thought that more people would have this problem, but as I see,
people don't even understand what the problem is (perhaps because of my
awkward explanations). Anyway, no-one said "it's a known issue, I know
how to do it", so let's close this thread, and I will learn how to live
with this.

Thanks to all who tried to help me.

Hana

Have you tried View => Sort/Order => by Date instead of the default one by order of receivement? (or vice versa)

Martin