On 7/7/2009 11:48 AM, Brian Mailman wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 7/6/2009 11:31 AM, Brian Mailman wrote:
>>> I downloaded the add-on mentioned recently that places an X on each tab
>>> in order to close it with one click.  I find that unlike IE the X is too
>>> large and I keep closing a tab accidentally when I want to access it
>>> instead.
>>>
>>> I thought when I upgraded to SM 1.1.17 it would disappear (I've seen the
>>> discussions about reinstalling add-ons,) but it didn't.  How can I
>>> remove it?
>>>
>>> Alternately since I like the idea of the function, how can I reduce the
>>> size of the X?
>>>
>>> B/
>> I use the Mnenhy extension to remove other extensions.  See
>> <http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/>.
>
> Thanks, I hadn't realized that it would do that.  I'll have to see if
> there's a newer version than the one I have (2005, wow how time flies)
> because  I don't see anything about extension removal in Edit >
> Preferences > Mnenhy
>
> B/

On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Tool > Chrome Manager].  (The Chrome
Manager is a component of Mnenhy.)  Wait a few seconds until you see
"Packages", "Skins", and "Locales" in the window.  Select the plus sign
to the left of "Packages".  Your extensions should appear in the list.
Select an extension and then press the Delete key on your keyboard.  Do
this for each extension to be removed.  Then select the OK button.  This
will terminate SeaMonkey.

Note:  In some cases, remnants of an extension might remain.  The only
time I have a problem with this is with FlashBlock, which must be
removed before a new version can be installed.  I have recorded the
successful steps for dealing with that extension.

You might want to visit the home pages for your extensions (e.g., within
<https://addons.mozilla.org/> or <http://www.mozdev.org/>) and read if
there are any special instructions for removing the extensions.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>