David E. Ross wrote:
On 7/7/2009 11:48 AM, Brian Mailman wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 7/6/2009 11:31 AM, Brian Mailman wrote:
I downloaded the add-on mentioned recently that places an X on
each tab in order to close it with one click.  I find that
unlike IE the X is too large and I keep closing a tab
accidentally when I want to access it instead.

I thought when I upgraded to SM 1.1.17 it would disappear (I've
seen the discussions about reinstalling add-ons,) but it
didn't.  How can I remove it?

Alternately since I like the idea of the function, how can I
reduce the size of the X?

B/
I use the Mnenhy extension to remove other extensions. See <http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/>.

Thanks, I hadn't realized that it would do that.  I'll have to see
if there's a newer version than the one I have (2005, wow how time
flies) because  I don't see anything about extension removal in
Edit > Preferences > Mnenhy

On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Tool > Chrome Manager].  (The
Chrome Manager is a component of Mnenhy.)

Ah, OK!

Wait a few seconds until you see "Packages", "Skins", and "Locales"
in the window.  Select the plus sign to the left of "Packages".  Your
extensions should appear in the list. Select an extension and then
press the Delete key on your keyboard.  Do this for each extension to
be removed.  Then select the OK button.  This will terminate
SeaMonkey.

Yaaaaaaaaaay, that worked. Now with the hint about the mousewheel (whoda thunk it), I'm set up perfectly. Thanks.

Note:  In some cases, remnants of an extension might remain.  The
only time I have a problem with this is with FlashBlock, which must
be removed before a new version can be installed.  I have recorded
the successful steps for dealing with that extension.

I have CCleaner, which seems pretty good at that sort of thing.

You might want to visit the home pages for your extensions (e.g.,
within <https://addons.mozilla.org/> or <http://www.mozdev.org/>) and
read if there are any special instructions for removing the
extensions.

PS: what do those buttons, 'extract' 'purge' and 'purify' mean? I clicked on Help, but it brought up a web page and Edit > Find In This Page didn't find those terms.

B/