Daniel wrote:
Frog wrote:
I think I know what my problem is, but I don't know how to fix that problem. Suddenly, I am not able to access my Inbox. I believe that it finally reached the maximum size and will not open. The sent/trash/newsgroups etc. are all working normally.

Is there any way of opening the Inbox, so that I can unload some messages or are they all lost?

Thanks for your help.

Frog

Frog, what do you mean by "I am not able to access my Inbox"?

I only see unread messages when I open my Inbox window. The same unread messages appear in both message views (All and Unread). Once I open an Unread message, I am able to read that message. If I then close the Inbox window, the message that I just opened is no where to be found--gone. I can open the Sent, Draft and Trash windows and they all behave normally. I thought it might have to do with something happening in the SeaMonkey software, thus, I removed and reloaded this software on my system. The results of this move had no effect on my Inbox problem.

I have an old version of my Inbox listed under my profile (been there for some months/year/or more. I decided to rename my current Inbox to FROG_Inbox and to rename my OLD_Inbox to Inbox. The old Inbox now opens normally. Thus, I next made the assumption that the Inbox, now named FROG_Inbox had become too loaded with messages. I next made a visit to my inbox via Windows Explorer and found that it included 637,123 KBs of data. That was where I decided to ask for help.

When you
open the mail portion of SM, do you get any error messages?

No, there is no error message.

When you
click on your "Sent" box, then click on your "Inbox", what happens??

There is no change in the Inbox including only Unread messages.

I think I read here somewhere that the size of the inbox in SM is only limited by the file size limits of your Operating System, which, in Windows, is something like 2 or 4 GByte.

My system is Windows XP Pro SP3. About 82 percent of the hard drive is free space according to the Disk Defragmenter window. Thus, I don't think I am pushed for hard drive space.

Daniel

I hope some of the above is responsive to your questions. If not, let me know and I will try again.

Thanks for your message.

Frog