On 07/23/09 05:51, Frog wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>> Frog wrote:
>>> I think I know what my problem is, but I don't know how to fix that
>>> problem.  Suddenly, I am not able to access my Inbox.  I believe that
>>> it finally reached the maximum size and will not open.  The
>>> sent/trash/newsgroups etc. are all working normally.
>>>
>>> Is there any way of opening the Inbox, so that I can unload some
>>> messages or are they all lost?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> Frog
>>
>> Frog, what do you mean by "I am not able to access my Inbox"?
>
> I only see unread messages when I open my Inbox window.  The same unread
> messages appear in both message views (All and Unread).  Once I open an
> Unread message, I am able to read that message.  If I then close the
> Inbox window, the message that I just opened is no where to be
> found--gone.  I can open the Sent, Draft and Trash windows and they all
> behave normally.  I thought it might have to do with something happening
> in the SeaMonkey software, thus, I removed and reloaded this software on
> my system.  The results of this move had no effect on my Inbox problem.
>
> I have an old version of my Inbox listed under my profile (been there
> for some months/year/or more.  I decided to rename my current Inbox to
> FROG_Inbox and to rename my OLD_Inbox to Inbox.  The old Inbox now opens
>   normally.  Thus, I next made the assumption that the Inbox, now named
> FROG_Inbox had become too loaded with messages.  I next made a visit to
> my inbox via Windows Explorer and found that it included 637,123 KBs of
> data.  That was where I decided to ask for help.

Note that there are Two files which represent your inbox: Inbox and Inbox.msf.
The Inbox.msf file is an index for the Inbox file.

It sounds to me like your Inbox.msf file is having a problem. One thing
you can do is to try compacting the Inbox (by right-clicking on Inbox in
SeaMonkey and selecting 'Compact this folder'). If that doesn't help, you
can remove the Inbox.msf when SeaMonkey is not running, then restart it and
allow SeaMonkey to re-create it.

Good luck.