On 07/27/2009 03:58 PM, Samuel S wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 07/27/2009 03:03 PM, Samuel S wrote:
>>> Hello all, after installing SM 2.0A Beta, it did not load my other
>>> profiles. How do I get them loaded in this version, if at all??
>>
>> It's important that you tell us what OS you are running, and what
>> version of SM you also have installed (1.1.x).
>>
>> This might help:
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey
>>

>>> Yes, I did not back up the profile before installing the newer version
>>> which came to me after the final click... dumb, very dumb...
>>
>> 2.0 does not overwrite your previous profile. Instead it creates a new
>> folder. Assuming you use windows (from your headers):
>> C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey
>> Your old profile should still be intact at:
>> C:\Documents and Settings\gg\Application
>> Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\<somenumber>.slt
>>

> NoOP,
>
> Yes, sorry about not providing that info.. I Am using WinXP Pro, and
> replaced SM 1.1.14 with 2.0A1 beta.

I would suggest: 1) upgrading 1.1.14 to 1.1.17 (*make a backup of your
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\ first*),
2) uninstall 2.0a1 (it's from Sept 2008), and install 2.0b1 instead
(http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.0b1).

But it looks like I'd be wrong (sorry I'm more familiar with linux
except for testing w/Windows), as it appears that 2.0ax overwrote your
1.1.14 according to:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.0/install-and-uninstall
<quote>
Note:
Please note that installing SeaMonkey 2 will overwrite your existing
installation of SeaMonkey. You won't lose any of your bookmarks,
browsing history or mail and news messages, but some of your extensions
and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are made available.
</quote>

This is why I *always* install a test/alpha/beta/et al to a separate
location & don't know why 2.0 doesn't do this as default as well. I
though that previously it did.

So, check first to see if you still have any <somenumber>.slt files on
your system in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
Data\Mozilla\ & report back.