Bill Davidsen wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Martin Feitag wrote:
If you wish to migrate more than one profile or set the profile name,
run SeaMonkey with the following arguments (one after another):
* Seamonkey -createProfile <ProfileName>
* Seamonkey -P <ProfileName> -migration

taken from:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey#SeaMonkey_2_profile_migration>

Hopefully the original poster will see that. But I hope that by whenever
the actual release takes place that this won't be needed. I doubt I have
more than three useful profiles on any one machine, but I do know people
who have many. Particularly Windows people who seem to share logins more
than Mac/Linux folks.

We don't have any plans to change this, and it's not really easy to do either (patches for making it both easy and not disturb people not wanting it are welcome). You probably will need those "manual" commandline steps if you want to import multiple profiles from 1.x to 2.x even in final. I also think that fixing the slight bugs in the import functionality we already have is higher priority than creating a compelling and unintrusive multi-profile-import user interface. What is important though is that there is a way to do it, even if it needs some commandline interaction.

Perhaps your experience with getting people to use command line is better than mine, in my experience with command line and most users:
  Linux        don't want to
  Mac        don't need to
  Windows    don't understand the concept
Obviously there are exceptions.

I guess I'm one of the exceptions. Having started with an Atari 800 in the early '80s and "graduating" to an AT&T PC6300 in 1984 with MS DOS 2.11, the command line is second nature. The command line per se is not a problem for me. It is the other issues (discussed elsewhere in this thread - getting the initial installation to allow me to install the profiles directly on eg. F: partition without having to install on C: and then move somewhere else) that are giving me heartburn.

I hope you have better luck with this than I do.